- Plaster the surface of the floor to be tiled smooth and complete the plastering and curing at least two hour prior to tilling.
- Before fixing ARK SLAB, lay them out in desired pattern and make sure that they give acceptable blend of colour.
Please note that certain amount of shade variation is inherent in the manufacture of a fully vitrified ceramic tile.THE COMPANY WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY AFTER THE TILES ARE FIXED.
- For fixing ARK SLAB, we recommend the use of the tile fixing adhesive for best result. Also follow the tile fixing instructions provided along with adhesives.
- For fixing ARK SLAB on the floor using sand and cement follow the instructions given bellow:
Use cement and sand mortar in the ratio of 1:4 add some water to create a consistent paste.
Once the mixing has been completed do not add any further water and the same within one hour.
Apply a 20-30mm layer of bedding material over an area of 1 square meter at a time on the surface of the area. Apply a fine slurry to the back of the tile to ensure proper and dull bedding.
Press gently for even adherence at the back of the tile. DO NOT USE IRON HAMMER OR SOME HEAVY MATERIAL TO PRESS THE TILES.
- For fixing ARK SLAB on dado, we recommend the use of adhesive. Please follow the manufacture’s instructions for the same. We do not recommend the use of sand and cement for fixing on Dado.
- Mark and lay out the tiles from the center of the area to be tiles so that cut tiles. If any will be on the outer edges towards the walls.
- The work size which we try to maintain for better technical performance is 1200x2400mm, 800x2400mm, 900x1800mm, 800x1600mm & 1200x1200mm on average.
It is advisable to maintain a gap of 1mm to 3mm between every two tiles to allow for possible expansion as per BIS/EN tolerance norms. This would give the coverage area as mentioned in the cartoon.
- Complete the tile laying process by pressing the center of the ARK SLAB firmly into place along the walls/floors.
- Allow 3-4 days for bed curing. After this period fill the joints with grouts.
- Fifteen minutes after finishing the grouting process, wipe off excess grout with a damp sponge and polish the tiles with a soft and dry cloth for a clean surface. The tiles can also be cleaned by mild acid (However Hydrofluoric Acid and its derivatives should not be used)
- Please note that the company does not accept any liability in case of problems arising out of non-adherence to these fixing instructions.